Hilary and GM

Maybe if Hilary were elected, and gave us a Nationalized Health Care program then GM would survive. Maybe that would eliminate their retiree benefits problem. I am surprised that GM is not arguing for that.

Discussion begins here.

Reply to
Steve .

They have argued for NHC for many years.

Reply to
Jornada680e

Everyone should be arguing for a workable national health care system. Even many doctors are for it now.

Reply to
<HLS

How will it be paid for, by adding three dollar per gallon to the price of gasoline or doubling your federal income taxes? Do you really want the health care in the US to be reduced to the quality found in other countries, like in Canada. Be careful what you wish for you may get it. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The people who support a nationalized health care scheme don't understand all the ramifications. It looks good superficially, but at the end of the day, the only way to control costs is to ration care.

Reply to
NickySantoro

We just take the $SIX BILLION dollars a month that we're spending on Bushs Iraq Adventure,

and use it for; health care, and college tuitions for kids who aren't athletes

Reply to
Anonymous

I have lived in national health systems. They are pretty darn good, from my experience. Even the Canadian one, which is much maligned, is pretty good.

Yes, I would love to have access to the type of health care I received under Scandinavian national health. It was excellent.

I paid for it in taxes, BUT if you look at my total expenditure in taxes, versus the retirement and health care benefits, there was basically NO difference in my spendable income.

Those who have maligned national health systems have a definite axe to grind.

Reply to
<HLS

Rationed care is much better than no care at all! The health care industry is way out of control now with no end in sight. You think the union and the auto industry are screwed up try looking at our stinky bad health care.

Reply to
Jornada680e

Socialized medicine has a lot of flaws; just ask the Canadians that come to the US for medical care because the waiting list is too long in Canada. If you want Hillary to pay for it, just get her to invest the money in futures and with her ability, she'll have all the necessary money in a few months.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~

Reply to
Rich B

More likely they were in the military and have a pretty good idea what a health care system run by the governmwnt would look like. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What makes you believe it is the governments job to provide your health care? There is no free lunch. Where should it stop? Should the government proved free transportation to receive your health care? Should the government buy you a car to receive your health care, if you live where their is no public transportation? Should a 90 year old man, in a nursing home, get that available kidney or the twenty year old with the four kids and no job? Who decides? Personally I can't afford free health care

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Maybe if Hilary were elected, and gave us a Nati How will it be paid for, by add We just take the $6 BILLION dollars a month we're spending on Bush's Iraq Adventure and use it for; health care, and college tuitions for kids who aren't athletes __________________________________________________

Think of the $6 Billion as an "Islamic Tax" Americans pay to have a murderous religious cult dealt with before it reaches this country. If the Islamic Tide reaches our streets we will be dealing with atrocities by rabid bombers and assassins. There will be no time to think about health care, gas prices, college, supporting our families, or anything but survival.

Rodan. __________________________________________________

Reply to
Rodan

We already have a nationalized health care program in the US

It's called MEDICARE

Reply to
Anonymous

You're absolutely right.

Unfortunately, the medical profession has much to do with medicare cost over-runs. They'll latch onto a patient who is terminal, and load him up with redundant tests, un-necessary procedures, and medications.

Uncle Sam never seems to prosecute Medicare fraud..

We could probably fund a national health service with the $$$ that gets stolen from Medicare.

Reply to
Anonymous

Don't forget, private HMOs and other health care insurance providers ration care. They also have the profit incentive to "ration".

Reply to
Charles .

That will only mean the working man will pay more taxes, the lower income won't pay for healthcare and the middle and upper incomes will pay for it all and pay way more than now. Welcome to communism.

Reply to
RT

That's the way it is now !

Reply to
Anonymous

That is what those in favor of so called 'free government healthcare' would have us believe, but it is not true. I have been in an HMO for over twenty years. The coverage I receive from my HMO is far superior than what I can get through government run Medicare. I have never had a problem with getting what ever health care I have needed, from open heart surgery down to basic medical exams and doctor visits. HMOs do not ration healthcare, they manage it properly, so that it is less expensive which makes the coverage through them more comprehensive, less costly with fewer deductibles, higher limits and better drug coverage than what is available through Medicare. Sort of similar to the quality of education offered by private schools in comparison to what is available, generally, in public schools.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You mean the US federal graduated income tax system, no? LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

At least that is the way it is for the more productive 'working people' that have higher incomes ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter