Impala 3.8V6 thermostat tips, or tricks

Hello: I think it is time for a preventitive replacement of the original thermostat in my 01 Impala, 3.8V6 with 70K miles. I know this is a plastic intake, and I am a bit nervous about this job. Any tips, or tricks that I need to know about the plastic intake? I aslo will swap in a new AC Delco radiator cap, and new DeathCool while I am at it. Thanks for any advice, Bill

Reply to
billccm

Replace the hoses while you are doing the work. A radiator repair owner I know shop says to cut the bottom hose off rather than try to open the petcock on older cars since it will probably get damaged while trying. It is about hose time too so not bad advice.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski