Leaking AC on 95 Pontiac

My 95 Pontiac has a leaking AC. Used to be a can every year. This summer it's gotten worse.

I SUSPECT the O-ring under the place where the one hose attaches, but I haven't torn into it yet.

But... I was wondering if it's worth it to make a 'recovery' station. I have a compressor from an old fridge. I could make an adapter to use it to evacuate the system. Hey, maybe even use an old propane tank to save the freon. Work on the system, then put the freon back!

Anyone try this?

Also, if I DO churn out a kludge machine like this, would it have to have an interface to both the high side and the low side, or can I do all I need to do from just the low side tap?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Y