loan money

if I loan you $6.00 and you find out you need more and I loan you 50 dollars I am out $56.00 then if you find out you don't need all of it and pay back $6.00 and $2.00 interest I get back 8 dollars and am still owed $50.00. what is wrong with that, does it matter where it came from whether its earned money or my money that was in your bank. I now own 60% of your company is you issue and IPO that brings in $100 and I get $60 I have made a profit or loss, isnt that what investments are all about. As the saying goes You pay your money and take your chances.

Reply to
Tom

If it works that way.

Normally, when I lend money to people (and I no longer do it at all), they pay back a little, and then default on the loan, leaving me holding collateral that is worth nothing, or their word to repay, which is worth even less.

GM is not out of the hole yet. They may yet need more money (likely). They could fail totally (not as likely).

The government is not in the business to lend money. Banks should do that.

Reply to
hls

The Government lends moeny to banks all the time. The crime is that banks then re-lend the money at many times the interest rate charged by the Government. Essentially, the Federal Reserve set the banks up so they can't fail - except they figure out how to do so anyhow.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You want to borrow money I do not lend you money you angry

You want to borrow money I lend you money you do not pay back me angry.

Better you angry

You a small company the banks lend you money you do not pay back you get bankrupt

You GM the banks lend you money you do not pay back the government give you money

taxpayers angry

Reply to
Björn Helgaso

You want to borrow money I do not lend you money you angry

You want to borrow money I lend you money you do not pay back me angry.

Better you angry

You a small company the banks lend you money you do not pay back you get bankrupt

You GM the banks lend you money you do not pay back the government give you money

taxpayers angry

*** Hva snakker du om? Vi er paa samme side. Jeg vil ikke gir pengene til GM.
Reply to
hls

A loss. Like GM, just add zeros. You forgot, they would spin you off part of the business (GMAC) that has it's own needs that are similar.

The IPO @ $100 share. The share price maters little, a dog is a dog and dilution os a factor. Are they selling billion shares at $100 or 10 shares @ $100? ike anything GM, I hope we can short it.

Reply to
Canuck57

Trouble is the government, thus the taxpayer is underwriting every bad decision by banks and GM ever made. Goverment does banking, US Fed, Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac and Ally/GMAC.

I don't get involved with lending money, don't even own government bonds. We are in a dangerious envirionment to load people money as they dont think they need to pay it back. All the risk, for 0.5% interest? Not worth the gas.

As for GMs IPO, will watch the short markets.

Reply to
Canuck57

About the only way banks can fail is by loaning to good for nothing types that don't pay.

Since the US Fed is taxpayer backed, it is another form of debt put on the taxpayers.

It is also why the system is a screwed pooch. There is not any checks and balances between savings and debt. Government will just create more. Banks don't need depositors. It is also the cause of this depression as debt adds no earned wealth.

Wait until people figure the Euro trillion bailout is a monitary ruse. Just allows the problem to get worse.

Reply to
Canuck57

Taxpayers didn't have a choice. Which makes the tax system modern day slavery as it is now basterdized with corruption and corporate taxation.

Reply to
Canuck57

Interesting

Reply to
Stupid Nigger

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Mike Hunter