Montana, green oil leaking...??

Guys, my 2002 Montana is leaking. A small leak of green oil can be seen, at the front right side I suspect the AC system ( condensor ) ??since this is I think the only green coolant on this van. Am I right ??

It is common ?? Probably covered by my extended warranty, I will see tomorrow with my dealership.

Expensive if not ?? How much ?? ( Canada here )

Thanks

Reply to
Rick

Is there a rock hole in the condenser where it is leaking? Warranties won't usually cover if from a rock.....

Reply to
Woody

This a known problem with these vans. They crack and leak out all the freon. There is an updated design condensor and a revised way of mounting it to the radiator. I'm sure that your dealership will be familiar with the problem. We see lot's of these vans in the shop for this problem.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

No rocks there, at least I cant see any damage looking like made from an impact.

Ian , thanks I'll drop the van at my dealership tomorrow.

Am I going to ruin the compressor if I lost lots of oil ??

Reply to
Rick

No, it's not an impact problem, it's a vibration problem that is fixed with an updated condensor, and updated way of mounting it.

No, because once you've lost a certain amount of the freon, the A/C compressor won't kick in any more.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai