Overfilled Oil

Yes just one. WHY DO YOU EXIST?

You have never, to my knowledge, contributed -anything- to the n/g except negative criticism.

If that was my car, I would take a jump kit and connect it across the starter contacts and see if it spins. That's just me. Takes 1 minute.

The problem as I understood it, was that the OP's car was *cutting out* while driving. Different, eh? Not what you said, what HE said.

I reiterate, you are useless as a source of information. In fact, worse than useless. You are not a contributor, you are a troll.

PLONK

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Because nothing has been able to kill me yet. (not for a lack of opportunity though)

Key words being "to my [your] knowledge."

Really? What happened to your thoughts of connecting your scan tool as posted previously? Seriously, how the hell can you misinterpret a statement like;

What "he" said is directly above, it has >>> in front of it. Put your finger underneath each word and sound them out if you have to, take notes and reference them as often as you need.

Gee Lawrence, you -did- ask the question, I merely provided examples that satisfied your query.

Fine by me...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

pre-oil

You might not be able to completely fill it on all cars, but even if you can get 1/4 qt in a 1/2 qt filter you have lessened the amount of time with no oil pressure. I remember a few cars were your hands were completely tied over the years, like the Chrysler slant six with the filter mounted upside down, or more than a few toyotas were the filter was mounted angled down, or any engine that used a cartridge instead of a spin on filter. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I never -really- plonk anybody. I just say that for some reason; knee-jerk reaction.

I think you're an OK guy even if you don't like me. Makes no difference one way or another, but you're OK by me. So is about everybody else.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Geez Larry, you should really make sure and stay on your medication. It works wonders. Bob

Reply to
Bob

How nice of you to be concerned about my Health. What a wonderful gesture of warm Humanity. I feel renewed.

BTW, I hope you enjoy your Holiday Season and find some happiness in it. This can be a tough time of year for a lot of people, being mixed in with *relatives* they can't stand ;-\

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

My car requires 4 & 3/4 quarts of oil to be right at the full mark.

Occasionally, I've bought the 5 quart jugs of oil ( when it was in stock, mostly its not in stock ) and added all of it to the engine. Level was maybe 1/4 to 1/2 an inch over the full mark. No problems. By the time the next oil change came the level was down to the full mark.

I've got an old washer fluid - 5 quart jug that I have lines marked off at every quart line up to the 4 & 3/4 mark.

I can mix in a quart of Mystery Marvel Oil then fill the rest of the way with 10 W 30 and I'm all set for the next oil change.

One time last winter, slightly overfilling using 5 W 30, it warmed up to

60 degrees for a few days and some oil leaked out the rear seal. I can use 5 W under 50 degree temperatures. This was the only time it leaked. The Thinner oil & the warmer temps caused it.

Good Luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,188 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

aarcuda69062 proclaimed:

Well, shyeagh dude, the poor misguided fact-challenged OP told you to name a "SINGLE" error...

Reply to
Lon