Re: Car purchase cooling off period.

I am not sure how this will play out but I did a little reading on my sales contract and found two section that are applicable to my situation. They read as follows:

  1. Failure to Accept delivery or to pay. If I fail to accept delivery of the Vehicle within 7 days of you notifying you by registered mail that the Vehicle is available for delivery, or if I fail to pay you the full Amount Due on Delivery, you will be entitled, in addition to any other rights or remedies you may have, to cancel this Agreement and to deduct the amount of your damages from my Deposit.
  2. Explanation of Damages. If you keep any part of my deposit you will provide me with a written calculation and brief explanation of your damages.

Also according to the agreement my trade in constitutes part of the deposit. That could be nasty!

Any thoughts? (I hope this dealership is reasonably ethical.)

Reply to
Lowell Cummings

If I were you I would be speaking with an attorney or at least the folks the dealership, not asking ever expanding questions in a NG.

My advice to you on this subject, from the little amount of information you originally provided, was based on my experience in the retail auto business in the US, not Canada. I'm not familial with Canadian consumer laws, sorry.

mike hunt

Lowell Cumm>

Reply to
RustyFendor

No sweat Rusty! I am grabbing at straws and I appreciate any and all advise. As you might have seen in my earlier post I had contacted a lawyer and basically his advise was for me to let the dealer know that I could not buy and that I wanted my money and registration back. ..... we'll see!

Thanks aga> If I were you I would be speaking with an attorney or at least

Reply to
Lowell Cummings