Re: Oops was Re: Buick Lacrosse Super 537 engine - Regular or premium gas?

The torque rating on the Lacrosse Super is mind numbing. I wonder if it works OK with that transmission?

Many of us know about them, but choose not to buy them. Perhaps if I was 18 again I'd be interested, but I rarely use the full acceleration of any of my cars under normal driving. With 234 HP and a top speed of 137, my V-6 is plenty of power. In two years I've never gone over 110. When I get on the highway coming home from work, I'd doing 70 and the cruise control is set while still on the ramp.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I see your point. I guess I was wondering why it wasn't advertised more. One thing also is the interiors, the Lucerne is the only one that comes with an audio input jack! If they want younger professionals to get added into their customer base, they could consider not just marketing it with younger spokespeople (Like Tiger Woods, who is now gone) but maybe talking a bit more about the performance. They could also look at the Ford Fusion and see how it is laid out inside, as far as audio inputs, being set up more for digital era stuff, etc.

Yes, some older people won't use the USB port, etc. but it is a small cost relative to the car and would help market the Lucerne and Lacrosse to younger people, maybe to business people who aren't ready to go to a Cadillac but still want that kind of ride, performance etc. with come classy trim and the ability to se their digital stuff too. The best of both worlds.

Tell you the truth, on my search the Fusion and the Mercury Milan are looking very nice so far. The value for the dollar with both is very good. That the Buick gets bested by them in audio inputs was a bit odd to me, the Buicks are very well done in all other areas I noticed. An Auxilliary jack on the Lacrosse is such a small thing but with younger drivers (and older folks who use jacks too) is a real boggler why they didn't put it in the Lacrosse.

Reply to
David E. Powell