Re: RIDICULOUS GLOBAL WARMING LAWSUIT TOSSED!

Reminds one of why the feds are pushing Ethanol when it produces on third

>less energy than gasoline which means you need to by one third more to cover >the dam number of miles, yet costs more to produce than gasoline and the >increased use of corn is pushing up the price a corn and everything that is >currently derived form corn products. ;) > >mike

If the Feds had any balls at all, they'd mandate 100cu" gas engines, and 100cu" diesels. Reasonable sized ( hi-mileage ) vehicles would follow.

There's no reason that Momma needs a four-ton SUV to haul around her 100 pound ass !

Don't matter how much ethanol you grow, as long as they keep selling 12mpg Hummers !!

Reply to
Anonymous

As long as there are large trucks on the road and the law of physics applies I think Mom needs a large truck to keep her children safe on the roads. Why complain about gas mileage when the roads are saturated with tractor trailers moving corperate goods from overseas all across america. Insted of making them here in several central locations. If we want to save gas we should limit Large coperations on the amount of fuel they can have. Has anyone done any study to see how much fuel is used by large trucks verses automobiles?

Reply to
Chevy Man

Now there's a dumb-ass arguement !

Maybe we should get Mom a tractor-trailer.... a Bradley... or a Brinks truck for "safety". How 'bout a Greyhound bus ??

As for the plethora of tractor trailers on the road, the US let its rail system go to hell. Unfortunately, tractor-trailer is the only way to get goods from A to B.....

Of course, we could take the $$ we spend in Iraq in 1 week, and probably fund an efficient rail transport system.

Reply to
Anonymous

Good idea, then we can have a better rail system to move our troops around our country to fight the radical Islamic nuts LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You wouldn't say that if GM made rail cars.....

Reply to
Anonymous