Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

My neighbor who likes to fiddle with old (pre 1963) cars occasionally has to work on his mother's late 1980ish Oldsmobile with a Quad Four engine. Car only has about 80K on the odometer yet it runs like shit and is next to impossible to diagnose or repair. Freakin' thing has been laid up for months!

Everything is in the way of everything else. Industrial engineering at GM??? Not as far as I can see...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Heh heh... Clue free is rampant these day!

BTW, Howz JP doing???

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

The period from 1948 to I believe late 1960's when the guv'ment became over involved (with everything) is considered Milestone era though that club has almost dissolved into nothing. They simply accepted too many brands and models many of which weren't really significant. A victim of early politically correct don't offend anyone syndrome I believe.

LOL

That just ain't in me my friend. Of course, the majority of "Full Classic" cars were furrin'...

I hear you loud 'n clear! Being a former resident of the northeast, I finally fled to Texas where fifty year old bolts/nuts still turn on a parts car. I have sworn on a stack of shop manuals never to get/own/or work on a rust bucket again. Of course, the latest '82 is a compromise as it spent time in Kansas...

It's just that freakin' heat in the summer that slows me down but then again that's why gawd invented air conditioning!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

snip

Ho' boy... Just keep on diggin' that hole deeper 'n deeper. Be sure to keep a mirror for reference "from whence" you originated...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Still alive and kicking, and buying Avantis against his better judgement :)

I on the other hand have been listening to his advice and passing on all of them...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Do you realize how foolish you make yourself look when you compair 2009 vehicles to 1980's vehicles?

Reply to
80 Knight

Perhaps, but what would YOU ever do without Google?

Reply to
cavedweller

Yep, good time to bury your money in the back yard and keep at least 90 days of supplies on hand...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Went right over your li'l haid, eh?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Heh, heh. Spend even MORE time on the net, using a lower level of abuse?

Reply to
Sharx35

"GasSaver" wrote in news:gOSdnXQ41f2J-XDUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.toastnet:

Then why don't you?

All newspapers, magazines, and radio and television stations have telephone numbers listed in the phone book. They usually even have a bricks-and- mortar building whose physical address is also listed in the phone book. It should be fairly easy to locate some media outlet relatively local to you and talk to somebody there.

I look forward to reading about you in my local paper after the syndicates pick up the story of what is surely a new and exciting paradigm.

Reply to
Tegger