Roadmaster A/C Kaput

I was driving today in the Roadmaster had the A/C on all was nice... Noticed it was getting hot in the car. Felt the air coming out of the vents was rather warm.. Pulled over and checked under the hood, no compressor coming on and off..... Went home took out the pressure gage kit, the a/c was converted over to the new stuff in 2000. Started the car put the gauge on the low side and it was at 100psi....

Is that what it should be???? A/C on high engine running, warm air coming out of the vents no compressor. The display on the heating and cooling display shows the F blinking..... Anyone???

Thanks Jake

92 Buick Roadmaster Limited V-8
Reply to
M Hayes529

I don't think your question can be directly answered. The charts for AC high and low side pressures for any given vehicle are ambient temperature dependant, and are used when the compressor IS working. You say yours is not.

I can say that 100psi is sufficient that the system should at least run the compressor. Check fuses and relays and then for power at the compressor.

If this is an auto climate control car, you could have additonal trobleshooting needed.

-- GW - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

M Hayes529 wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Yes it is and I have the GM book so I will start with the simple stuff first....

Thanks for the info...

jake

Reply to
M Hayes529