The new GM looks abroad

Page 4 of 4
You were obviously NOT an economics major, dummy LOL

It seems we can conclude you have not priced any of the hybrids on the market lately.
wrote in message news:51c91397-b37a-4376-98a7-

Can't say I have. Other than doing a quick TCO analysis on the Volt and figuring out how little economic sense it makes...
On 8/26/2010 12:39 PM, Mike wrote:

--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?

Based on the goofy stuff you have been posting for over a year concerning economics, I guess that opinion makes sense in your world, dummy LOL

It is are raining nor, here also, dummy LOL

--
Clive

WHAT?
writes

writes

Tony Hancock at is best ;-)
Cheers,
Indrek Aavisto
--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill

Well spotted, I wonder if anyone else got the joke?
--
Clive

Hey, YOU were the one that said GM would NEVER go bankrupt. And how wrong you were.
You don't even own a GM. Hypocrite.
On 8/27/2010 1:52 PM, Mike wrote:

--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?

Get real. I never said GM would no go bankrupt. I owned dozens of new GM vehicles in my time. Probably more GM cars and trucks alone, than all the new brands you have owned. LOL

Saab Automobiles made little economic sense and still does. They made a loss of 139.000.000 euro. They sold 10 500 cars. The plan was for 50.000 cars.
The plan for next year is for 80.000 cars.
What are such plans based on?
I guess being part of GM they must have learned some higher economics.
Even after this heavy loss they have no fear because they recently got 500.000.000 euro loan and they are ok for a few years making losses.
SAAB was a damn good car, before GM got involved. I loved the way mine ran, and fit ergonomically. But that was before GM dipped their wick into this ink.
SAAB sold far more of its vehicles after being taken over by GM.

In message

Saab has been bought out by a Dutch firm whose finances have come into the news today. The firm, Spyker is said to have cash flow problems and bankers are meeting to see if help can be given.
--
Clive

SAAB no longer has anything to do with GM
wrote:

Saab Automobiles made little economic sense and still does. They made a loss of 139.000.000 euro. They sold 10 500 cars. The plan was for 50.000 cars.
The plan for next year is for 80.000 cars.
What are such plans based on?
I guess being part of GM they must have learned some higher economics.
Even after this heavy loss they have no fear because they recently got 500.000.000 euro loan and they are ok for a few years making losses.
My word, you picked that up fast, dummy LOL

--
Clive

On 8/26/2010 2:58 AM, Bjorn wrote:

While wages are certainly right up there, it goes beyond pure wages. Taxes, legal, HR hand holding, law suits.... Threat of government hyper-taxation and massive out of control debt. Poor and corrupted management stock. Politicians with heads up their butts.

Yep, it has. But it now has hit the tipping point.

Yep.
Cash is king right now. Debtors, especially defunct and delinquent types, dime a dozen. 1 in 10 is in real risk of foreclosure.

Yep. Ponzi government banking and debt.

I think plans for it were earlier. When interest rates spiked to stem debt in 1982 or so, government changed the system to favor debtors and allowed bankers cheap easy money. Banks no longer needed to pay a decent fair rate for savings.

Yep, in reality, bankrupt.

The real reason banks are failing. Gave out far too much cheap and easy debt. The debt created never reflected risk nor inflation.

This will be bad for years to come.

Yep, inflation. Real inflation, not the BS the government feeds us.

GM, in the end they will die. GM does not have what it takes. GMs own suppliers in Asia are now competing with GM, and increasing winning. In time, GM China too will become defunct.
GM is a dead horse a waking.
--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?

You record of prediction does not bode well for that prediction to come to pass either LOL

Nothing new, GM has been operating around the world since before WWII.

On 8/25/2010 6:29 PM, Jim_Higgins wrote:

For the last paragraph, it is already true.Except for perhaps Ford trucks, Detroit is walking dead in the business.
But this highlights why the government should forget the IPO for now. Sell off GM China while it is worth something.
GM isn't going to survive as a world company. They don't have what it takes in their own back yard. Even the government now realizes GM is a turkey and wants so bad to dump it. Once GM China is sold, then package up GM and fire sale it for 1 cent on the dollar. It prevents the tax sucking. Take the GM China sale moneys and run.
--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?