UAW-GM strike a deal

DETROIT - The United Auto Workers and General Motors Corp. agreed Wednesday to a tentative contract that puts the responsibility for retirees' health care into the union's hands and ends a two-day strike, the first national strike against an automaker in 31 years.

I don't know the details but it sounds like a better deal for GM then the retirees.

Reply to
Tim

The Devil is really in the details. That signing bonus (bribe) may/may not work.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

I heard that part of the pension fund, currently overfunded, will be used to cover part of the VEBA. Also, there will be a pension increase that will match the higher insurance costs we'll have to pay.

Web Site:

David Starr