Water Pump Bolts on 4.3L

The water pump bolts go into 2 blind holes and 2 water jackets. Does anyone know if you have to drain the radiator when replaceing the bolts? This might need to be done for the sealant to properly cure? Or when you apply the thread sealant to the bolts, can they go into the water jackets with coolant in them? Thanks for your help, I can explain the reason I am asking this if you want..

Reply to
masitaly17

Just use pipe thread sealer. It doesn't care whether the threads are dry or not. Most of the time, the sealer that is still on the threads from the factory is sufficient to keep any coolant coming by those bolts.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai