1996 Acura Integra with 180K Good buy?

Hi Folks,

I am new to the group. Nice to meet you all :)

I am interested in purchasing a 1996 Acura Integra. It is the RS model, so it does not have air or a moonroof. It seesm like agood buy, but I am troubled by the high kilometers. It runs AWESOME though and is mechanically sound.

Thoughts? Cheers, Derek

Reply to
MegaC

Integras are very good cars - We have a 95 and have been very happy with it. I am assuming it has 180KM (=~100K) miles on the clock, right? I'd make sure that the timing belt has been replaced as that is an expensive repair and one you cannot ignore. It should be replaced about every 90K miles so yours should have been replaced about 18K meters ago If it hasn't been replaced, get a quote and work that into your offer somehow.

Others here I am sure have other suggestions of things to look for.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

if you look after it, it'll last 3 times as long as that. if the body's straight, buy it.

Reply to
jim beam

"MegaC" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Oh, I never read this post until now. That 180K is /Metric/. That's only

110,000 miles. Not high for a Honda at all.

Perform all the usual checks for body damage and previous maintenance or lack thereof. These signs will give you a pretty good idea of the condition of the car.

Has the timing belt been done already? You're ripe for it now. That's about $400. Failure to do this can be very expensive if the belt breaks. If it has NOT been done, negotiate the cost off the selling price.

Change ALL the fluids /now/. Brake, tranny, PS, coolant. Use OEM coolant and tranny fluid.

You're in Canada. You'll have lots of rust in the rocker panels and the door bottoms unless it's been Rust Checked or Krowned every year. If not, get that done immediately. That will at least slow down the existing rust. No you can't see it...yet...but it's there.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I have a '94 with 180K miles (not km) and it runs awesome too. Great car!

Reply to
Bob Burns