2001 Honda Civic SI

I own a 1993 Honda Civic LX (SOHC), and I am wondering how much difference is there really between a SOHC, and of course the DOHC?

The SI of course is a VTEC, but really when it comes right down to it, what really does the VTEC do that non VTEC Civics don't?

I am asking this, because I am interested in selling my 93 Civic next year, and just want to know what the best to get, and I am looking for something 10K or less. I love my car, but it's pretty old. I would much rather drive a newer car, so I don't have to windup replacing everything all over again. It's a real pain.

Thanks! Janos

Reply to
mopa

Dear Janos,

I believe that the VTEC uses variable valve timing which really brings the power on at higher RPMs. As you know, Civics don't have much low-end torque, and VTECs don't really improve on this, but you will notice the improvement at high RPMs + they will rev higher as well.

Just an FYI, any Civic newer than 1999 will not have the (IMO superior) double-wishbone suspension which is too bad.

Hondas are great cars. Enjoy!

Reply to
DW