2006 Civic EX

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I have my new civic for about 1300 miles now and i am averaging 20 miles city driving and 30 highway.
mixed driving 25-27mpg. I am to bring the car back to the dealer to get it checked. The car doesnt coast well. It actually slows down on slight declines in road. Very disturbing since i purchased this car for the mileage. My 2 cents.
Rich wrote:

I feel like a broken record. :-(
Your mileage should improve after about 5000 miles.
Check your tire pressures. Under-inflated tires will increase your fuel consumption.
If you are a lead-foot driver, that will also increase consumption.

This ought to be a FAQ, shouldn't it?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Prolleeeey. Prolly won't help, either, unfortunately. Can't hurt though.

Rich wrote:

Another factor: If the weather is becoming colder where you are, that will also increase your fuel consumption.

YOU'RE NOT EVEN BROKEN IN YET! Quit yer bellyachin'.
Give it at *LEAST* 5K, and even better, *10K* before you see your REAL mileage.
As far as the coasting, it probably has to do with the EPA-encouraged computerized tranny. Give it some time to learn your driving habits.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
my '04, at *13,000* miles, is finally starting to get decent mileage. I just got almost 32 in mixed!

My Integra got 19mpg in its first 5K. That improved to about 27 by 10K.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks for the input this is my first honda.

All you need is a bad ass muffler