2006 Civic EX

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I have my new civic for about

1300 miles now and i am averaging 20 miles city driving and 30 highway. mixed driving 25-27mpg. I am to bring the car back to the dealer to get it checked. The car doesnt coast well. It actually slows down on slight declines in road. Very disturbing since i purchased this car for the mileage. My 2 cents.
Reply to
Rich

I feel like a broken record. :-(

Your mileage should improve after about 5000 miles.

Check your tire pressures. Under-inflated tires will increase your fuel consumption.

If you are a lead-foot driver, that will also increase consumption.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Another factor: If the weather is becoming colder where you are, that will also increase your fuel consumption.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Rich wrote in news:Xns970AD9FA83ED7Mikdarulermsncom@130.81.64.196:

YOU'RE NOT EVEN BROKEN IN YET! Quit yer bellyachin'.

Give it at *LEAST* 5K, and even better, *10K* before you see your REAL mileage.

As far as the coasting, it probably has to do with the EPA-encouraged computerized tranny. Give it some time to learn your driving habits.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

High Tech Misfit wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hightech.misfit:

This ought to be a FAQ, shouldn't it?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

All you need is a bad ass muffler

Reply to
asshole

Prolleeeey. Prolly won't help, either, unfortunately. Can't hurt though.

Reply to
Doug McCrary

my '04, at *13,000* miles, is finally starting to get decent mileage. I just got almost 32 in mixed!

Reply to
end_is_near

"end_is_near" wrote in news:U7Zcf.478$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com:

My Integra got 19mpg in its first 5K. That improved to about 27 by 10K.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks for the input this is my first honda.

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns970AE41694D55tegger@

207.14.113.17:

Reply to
Rich