2007 CR-V, where is it made?

Where is the 2007 CR-V made?

--PK

Reply to
Paul K

The first letter or number of the VIN will tell you Number 1 is US Number 2 is Canada Number 3 is Mexico letter J is Japan Tell us the firdst place of the VIN Scott

Reply to
zonie

It depends on where you live.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I live in Pennsylvania. But your response makes me ask: Where are ALL the places the 2007 CR-V is made?

Thanks

--PK

Reply to
Paul K

I did'nt mean that CRV's were made in all of those places. they were examples. Again the first character of your VIN will tell you were it was built. Scott

Reply to
zonie

That's a somewhat generic answer to the question though since, of late anyways, there's been some discussion of parts content determining where the car originates regardless of assembly point, i.e. if 60% of the parts come from the USA and the vehicle's assembled in Canada, the car's VIN would still begin with a "1."

Better to run the entire VIN and look at the 11th digit/character in the VIN which designates the assembly point.

Unquestionably Confused

OK, let me rephrase the question again. I do not currently own a 2007 CR-V. I live in Pennsylvania. All I want to know is if I bought a CR-V where would it have been assembled?

Thanks

--Paul

Reply to
Paul K

At a Honda plant...

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Paul K wrote in news:181220061741084877% snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com:

Looks like your CR-V would be produced at Swindon, UK. If this is true, a visit to a local Honda dealer would reveal the first letter of the VIN to be "S".

More info if you're interested:

doesn't seem to be overly accurate, but is interesting from a "casually informal" point of view.

Reply to
Tegger

The easiest thing to do is to go to local Honda dealers and look at the window sticker. It will tell you the point of final assembly and some numbers for parts content. I think that US market CR-Vs come from both Japan and Ohio. There is no telling where any particular one will be made. Back in '03 when we bought our Accord all of the 4 cylinder Accords on the lot were from Japan and all of the V-6s were from Ohio. It just all depends on Honda's production planning.

Reply to
John Horner

I have a 2007 CR-V on order. According to our dealer, it was made in Japan is currently on ship in the Pacific.

Reply to
Mark W.

It is my best understanding that the first "batch" all came from Japan. There are rumors that they might start being made in USA, but who knows right now. Why does it matter?

-- Nicholas

Paul K wrote:

Reply to
Nicholas Coday