Ridgeline oil change interval

Got a new Ridgeline a few months ago. I can't find any oil change interval information in there, just to wait for the "service" light to come on to tell you when. I don't like to trust that much in the vehicle! Anybody have an idea of how many miles / time to a first oil change?

Reply to
Keith

When the maintenance minder light comes on, it's time to change the oil.

The system works. Use it. If not, do what you want. It's your money.

Reply to
Joe

Why?

Why don't you want to trust what the engineers tell you?

If you don't trust that, then why would you trust it if they put a mileage interval chart in the manual?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Plug the following line into Google EXACTLY as shown (complete with quotes):

honda ridgeline recommendation "oil change interval"

The answers probably still won't satisfy you but read them anyway and make up your own mind.

To paraphrase somebody else here, if you won't trust the Honda engineers, why on earth would you trust anonymous information on the internet from this usegroup?

FWIW, the owner's manual for my 2006 Accord EX 6cyl EMPHASIZED that I was to obey the vehicle's oil life indicator like the word from the Mount for that first change during break-in, specifically warning against changing out the oil early or doing the filter change at the first change.

Honda's engines didn't get their reputation by crapping out early in the game due to poor maintenance recommendations from Honda. Simply RTFM and follow Honda's recommendations.

Reply to
Say What?

-- Tp,

-------- __o

----- -\

Reply to
TomP

Honda's oil change reminder system is pretty good, I would just go with it.

Reply to
John Horner

Samo-samo with 2007 CR-V....I'm going with 5000 mile oil changes REGARDLESS of what the idiot lights tell me.

Reply to
Big E. Ratt

Cheap insurance, to be sure.

But if the "idiot" light tells you to change BEFORE 5K, you might want to pay attention. It means your driving habits are wearing on the oil worse than you think.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Agreed...except that with todays G3 blend oils, one would have to drive pretty damn hard to do that. Aside from heavy towing, it would be virtually impossible to 'wear out' todays oils with routine driving. My '01 Civic calls out 10K between oil changes, and 20K between filter changes. I go

6K-7K on the oil, and annually on the filter. After 235000 miles , 90% at Interstate speeds, the car still runs like new.
Reply to
Big E. Ratt