2008 Honda CRV Shortage

I went to my dealer today and I was interested in a 2008CRV. If I wanted the one that I wanted, I would have to go on a waiting list! Is he pulling my leg or what! Is everything starting to go for waiting? Honda has this beautiful broshure, but try to buy one! Anybody have the same experience?

Reply to
acforn

Depends on the model. I had to wait about a month for a 2WD LX. I wasn't on a waiting list.

Reply to
Peaceful Bill

How do you like the CRV, I wanted a 4wd LX, but all they had was the loaded Ex with all the electronics which I do not want Also I don't like moon roofs.

Reply to
acforn

I had a 98 Civic before the CR-V. I like it. Very comfortable and very fuel efficient. Ride is Honda (tight, handles well). I'm tall and big and fit nicely.

Surprisingly fuel efficient. On the highway I've seen times when the avg economy exceeds 36mpg even over long distances. Usually can easily get 33mpg. With cruise control and 69mph indicated, I get ~ 32mpg.

I've got about 7,000 miles on it and I'm averaging a combined 30mpg for the life of the car (city and highway, short trips and long trips).

I find it difficult to judge the distance while backing up. Visibility at right rear quarter is limited.

I don't like the OEM tires. Noisy, mediocre wet traction, squirmy feel under side load.

Benefits far outweight the shortcomings. I intend to keep the car until the wheels fall off.

Reply to
Peaceful Bill

The latest Comsumer Reports tested small SUVs in their Aug edition. I recommend reviewing the article. The Suburu Forrester turbo was top rated with the CRV rated 6th behind the 4 cylinder RAV4.The Honda's mileage was

21mpg overall vs the Toyota at 23 -- the Suburu at 20. In #3 position was the nonturbo Forrester 2.5X at 22 mpg. Another possibility would be a 2008 Pilot which I would think is being discounted quite a bit.
Reply to
tww1491

With that mpg, I'm assuming this is a 2WD? I have an '04 CRV, EX, AWD and average 22/23. I'm impressed if you are getting this with AWD.

Reply to
Just Me

Interesting...I believe it was Car & Driver did a test and have RAV4 1st with CRV a close 2nd. I believe that they said it was a statistical dead heat and came down to which one YOU thought drove better. They based their results on off road driving and other things than just pure mileage/value, etc. Probably wouldn't go wrong with either of them.

Reply to
Just Me

2WD. I didn't want a 4WD and had to wait for the 2WD. Mileage has definitely improved since I got it. Maintenance indicator says I've still got 50% left on the original (delivery) oil @ 7000 miles.
Reply to