93 Civic 101,000 miles

What is the recomended interval for timing belt replacement, and whats a ball park cost, I am looking for a used Honda for my daughter , unless I can see a repair order for a belt replacement, I am not going to take the owners word for it.

Is there a site where this infor can be obtained for other years of Honda's?

Thanks Tom

Reply to
twfsa

"twfsa" wrote in news:Aluke.25$8A4.18@lakeread07:

90K miles, six years for your car. (But...see below...)

$200-$400. Give or take. Replace water pump while you're in there. Cam and crank seals, and the accessory drive belts are a good idea as well.

I am looking for a used Honda for my daughter ,

You'd better not, unless the owner can show a valid receipt for the work. A busted belt in a Civic can mean economic death for your motor.

It's 90K/6yrs until about 1998, when it went to 105K, 7 years. A replacement OEM Honda belt installed since 1998 or so will also be 105/7.

Somebody correct my 1998 figure, if necessary.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

TeGGer.

I did check the valve adjustment on my 01 CR-V last weekend and it was a piece of cake turning the engine over with the spark plugs out useing the crankshaft pulley nut, turned over easy. I was concerned with the nut comeing loose.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

"twfsa" wrote in news:XEuke.31$8A4.2@lakeread07:

No concerns about that. It's usually really tough to get the bolt to come loose when you *want* it to.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Tom,

The manual on my 97 Civic states the belt should be changed every

105,000 miles or 7 years. I just checked today on the cost. My mechanic just did a timing belt and water pump on a 94 for about $400. I heard that it is recommended to replace the water pump at the same time as the belt.

Mike

Reply to
MinnesotaMike

Thanks to all.