Another Civic Loser bites it

CHICAGO -- A three-car crash tied up the Stevenson Expressway Sunday night.

Seven people were injured around 11 p.m. when a car crashed into the back of two other cars near Central Avenue.

Many drivers and witnesses said a trauma nurse on her way home from a shift helped to calm and treat injured victims.

None of the injuries were life-threatening, officials said. (The above was caused by the stopped traffic from the following MENSA Scholar--JG)

However, a separate crash on the Stevenson killed a man earlier in the evening.

Saeed Saheem, 23, was driving his Honda **Civic** in the right lane south on the expressway just past the First Avenue exit near Summit around 8:30 p.m. when he merged into the center lane, state police said.

But Saheem swerved into the left lane and struck a Toyota Camry, police said. The Honda rolled from the impact and slammed into a concrete wall.

The victim was not wearing a seatbelt and during the rollover, his head hit the wall, according to Griffin.

Saheem, a resident of Kentucky, was pronounced dead at an area hospital.

Reply to
jgrove24

Honda driver and a possible Al Queada member! All in one shot - ahem - crash!

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Well that explains it. I've had to travel to Kentucky for several business trips. Every time I'm in Kentucky, I can't drive more than five miles without seeing a major car accident. I define major car accident as:

- Involving more than two vehicles (all with KY plates)

- Involving major damage to at least one of the three or more vehicles and

- Stopping traffic on both sides of the road, regardless of whether the collision happened ON a road or not

Disclaimer: the above only applies during regular daylight hours. Late at night when all the locals are drunk, they somehow manage not to crash into each other. ???

I've lived in the Northeast U.S. for many years, where we supposedly have the worst drivers in the world. However, if driving ability is measured in crashes per mile driven, we are kicking the crap out of the Kentucky drivers, as far as safety goes. -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

The CIA did it. They laced his steering wheel with LSD, and he thought he was wearing is seat belt but it was just an hallucination. He lost control over the car while brushing away all of those pesky spiders he felt crawling all over him.

Reply to
Randolph