Any other 1999 CR-V Owners ??

Hello Group;

Any other 1999 CR-V Owners in the group ?

Reply to
Stan Feldman

=====================

Why just '99 ? Are you a lawyer with something to offer?? Have you got a burnt valve / misfire on cylinder X ?

Gen 1 runs from '97 to '01 but the 99 - 01 had a few more horsepower, otherwise little change except a few color and trim options.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I have a 99 that I bought from a Honda Dealer about 4 years ago. It runs great and every day I see several other 99's on the road. Just wanted to see how other owners are doing. Stan

Reply to
Stan Feldman

======================

I have a '97 and an '00. Great vehicles, however, you should check out these threads and make the appropriate notes in the maintenance schedule of your owner's manual. (valve adjustments LOOSE every 50,000 Km)

?t=25069&highlight=valves+lied
?t=18699&highlight=valves+lied
'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Hi, I can't buy another one. My '98 has ~160K miles. Second set of tires, complete brake job, new belts, new battery. Other than that no problem yet. No squeaks, rattles, any noise while being driven. So no reason to buy a new one! 3 Subarus in the family as well. Not as trouble-free like CRV.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

1999 here, Supermarine Blue Pearl,108k, valves every 30k (around $48 at dealer). Just had the valves adjusted, timing belt/water pump along with drive belts changed, spark plugs and rear latch fixed (again), cost around $519 at dealer. Front sway bar bushings are next.

Do the transmission fluid and rear diff fluids myself once a year, change oil every 5k, Honda filter and Castrol 5w-30 High Mileage. Currently running Yokohoma Avid TRZ tires (Tire Rack). Put on Brembo rotors and Akebono ProACT pads at 85k (Tire Rack again). Wife presently drives it 108 miles a day, all highway, gets between 28 and

31 mpg cruising at 65mph or a little slower. We always use it for longer trips (also have a 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara) due to the MPG and running local forest roads.

This is my CR-V...

No Polar Bear swim for me though.

Reply to
Siskuwihane