Black Box

That's a crock.

To have the right to kill and maim law abiding citizens.

Reply to
Brian Smith

I don't think so, because violations of the 55 mph limit were a revenue source. The more it was violated (as long as the citations were written, to collect the fines and satisfy the feds enforcement was taking place) the more the states profited and the greater the incentive to continue the program. Political pressure to repeal the limit threatened the future of too many politicians, apart from whether the law was actually obeyed.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Guys - I started this dialog to see if anyone was aware of any website that would tell you if the car had a black box. I don't want a box in my car and I don't care to debate it here and justify. Same reason I don't want the grocery store keeping a log of what I buy or the cable company what I watch. Why do we need all this info unless we were being paid for it. Do your own searches, black box have caused a lot of heart burn for people in wrecks.

So if anyone has any more info please post it ;-)

Reply to
RA

the only way is to go for an old car with obdc0 or carburetion. most everything else keeps a record of anywhere between the last few seconds to some minutes of data.

go to a nerd site like slashdot.org and search for some [informative] techy threads on this.

Reply to
jim beam

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

That is -where- the political pressure came from;all the people who got ticketed.It sure didn't come from all the blindly obedient drones.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

By using the term 'blindly obedient drones'. Are you referring to the drivers that prefer to keep their money in their pockets (instead of funding the annual policeman's ball) and continue to drive where they want and need to go every day of the year?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Disobedience and disapproval are not synonymous; I disagree with our tax structure but I pay my taxes. I was a "blindly obedient drone" because I didn't speed, and nobody asked me my opinion. But you can bet the speeders who were ticketed only "fed the beast" by making it economically attractive to retain the limit.

You suggest by the term "all" that the majority obeyed the limit, but that undercuts your premise. Effective political pressure requires a clear majority (otherwise re-election would not be an issue), so if obedience were the measure rather than public opinion we would still be driving 55.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

If I remember correctly, it's anything '96 and newer however you may need to check individual makes and models.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

How? I looked on the Honda ownerlink website and couldn't find anything.

Reply to
Bob Burns

Your so right.

Reply to