Ever hear of The Turbonator?

My son wants to put one of these on his 97 Civic HX, but I'm not so sure I should let him. I pretty leery of things like this. Anyone have any opinions on this or have personal experience with items like this? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
MinnesotaMike

"Sold only on Tee-Vee!"..?

Larry J.

There was an article in a recent Popular Mechanics about many of these 'MPG' increasers, etc. After their tests, most were proven to be useless...some actually caused mileage to go get worse!

Reply to
HPGrn

Well, it's not likely to HURT anything, except his bank account.

He'd get a better performance boost by putting his money into some spiffy racing stripes.

Reply to
Matt Ion

=============================

Let's see . . Google.com has 56,200 hits regarding it. Click here:

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I knew there was a reason I was hesitant about it. Thanks for the info!

Mike

Reply to
MinnesotaMike

If this thing you talk of is anything like the "Tornado", that swirls the air so it'll mix with gas better, then abosolutely forget about it. It didn't work. Not in my 88 Ford Taurus Wagon, and not in my 95 Civic Hatchback. I hear the K&N filters work good. I haven't tried myself yet.

Doug

Reply to
Colisto

MinnesotaMike wrote in news:PKMVe.11865$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.lga:

I see these advertised on Speed Channel and they are a rip-off.It infuriates me that a so-called "auto expert" would be promoting these on their shows. They ADD restriction to the air-flow,something to be avoided,and turbulence also reduces airflow.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I guess my gut feelings were correct. This is something I'll stay away from. I appreciate the feedback!

Mike

Reply to
MinnesotaMike

They have to be yellow for max hp.