buzzing sound from the glove compartment ....if I dont turn on my headlights

I have a honda civic 2001, I normally start the car and put the vehicle in drive and the daytime running lights initate.Now , when I start the car put the vehicle in drive then the drl lights on dashboard goes on and off and also there is a buzzing sound originated from the dashboard, to stop both from happening I need to turn on my headlights and everything is fine.I took the glove compartment out and there is two switches for the daytime running lights,the buzzing is coming from the one of the two switches.I was told that there is a daytime running light relay under the dashboard by the drivers side.My question is what is causing the buzzing..i was told that it was the relay located under the drivers side dashboard. The other question is if I replace the daytime running light relay could I use a 2001-2006 relay or should I have to use a 2001 one..thanks to everyone's response..thanks

Reply to
Chris

[...]

A relay can make a clicking sound. I advise you to use a relay for a 2001. The reason is because such things as amps and watts may be different. It's possible that the relays from other similar civics would work but why take a chance? Ask the person at the parts counter if the code numbers for the models you mentioned in your post are the same or different.

Reply to
Jason Johnson

Go to

to see diagrams. Since you're in CAnada, the lists may not show DRL relays, but the one you need is probably the Low Cut Relay. Our '95 Odyssey did the same thing. Do you ever just get one DRL coming on?

A buzzer is just a relay that's wired to not work like a relay. Yours is probably burnt up inside and the 'points' are fried, due to high current.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'