ECU substitution question

I have an 88 Civic CRX DX 1.5L DPFI throttle body injection car. Went to a wrecking yard yesterday to get a OBD0 connector to make a ECU test harness. (Honda dealer wanted 245 dollars.) Saw a 90 Civic w/ the same 1.5L DPFI that I have at Classic U-Pull It. Got the harness and the ECU for 22 dollars. What are the chances the ECU could substitute for the one in my car? If it's a no go I'll carve it up for its connector and make a test harness.

Thanks, Tich

Reply to
tich

"tich" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If the part numbers are the same, it's the same thing. If they're different, they're NOT the same.

Having said that, all you need to do is make sure the number of pins and the connector designs are the same. For your purposes, the actual signal carried by each pin is not important.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"tich" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

What are you planning to test on the ECU,and how? Are you making a "breakout-box" to allow easy metering of I/O signals?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

what problem do you want to test for? please describe the symptoms. it's almost /never/ that the problem really is with the ecu.

Reply to
jim beam