Honda Accord 03 Coupe / 2.4L - P2227 Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance ? No sure what is wrong.?

Hi Everyone.

My Honda 2003 Honda Accord Coupe 4 cyl is giving me the P2227 code for the Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance, I am not sure exactly what is wrong. I have been driving it like this now for 2 weeks, it drives fine and I have not noticed any issues with the acceleration, so it has nothing to do with the TPS, as that was replaced about two months ago.

Does anyone know what might be giving me this code? and if so, what should I buy and replace? and where would I locate the problem under the hood?

Thank you very much!!!

Reply to
mopa

mopa wrote in news:d6658505-6cf8-48e9-a993- snipped-for-privacy@q15g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:

Have your dealer look up "Honda Service News" issue August 2008. It turns out the P2227 has to do with more than just the TPS, and that issue outlines all of that on page 4.

Apparently some other models and years can generate this error if the air intake is partially-clogged with leaves or other debris, so check carefully for that (and that means the ENTIRE tract, not just where it goes into the throttle body).

Reply to
Tegger

Thank you Tegger, you are one person I can always count on this board. You are always here to help people, thank you!!!

I'll take apart my intake and see if anything is in there. Do you think it would be possible to be one of the sensor that goes from the TPS and plugs into the intake?

I have an AEM Cold Air Intake System. The filter is just something that I normally clean out with the water hose as it is very, very durable. Are those things that should just be replaced? or is just cleaning them out with a water hose suitable?

Pictures from my hood:

Thanks Tegger!

Reply to
mopa

mopa wrote in news:5f587418-93ac-4a5f-bd9f- snipped-for-privacy@12g2000yqr.googlegroups.com:

You're not going to like this, but you need to get that thing off your engine:

1) it's not buying you a single new horsepower; 2) it just may be causing your P2227.

Those "cold air" intakes are the worst thing for an OBD-II-controlled engine. The people who run the companies that make them should receive a hard swift kick in the ass.

Reply to
Tegger

Do you think if I replaced it, it would be okay?

I had this car for 6 years. When I purchased it, it came with it. What makes no sense to me is since it has been on there so long, why would it give me problems all of a sudden?

It would probably be best to get a OEM from a junk yard, I would assume.

Reply to
mopa

mopa wrote in news:ba20a311-57a1-4c3d-ae75- snipped-for-privacy@v12g2000vby.googlegroups.com:

Maybe. Right now it's the most logival thing to do.

No idea. It's possible the system was marginal all along, and only went out-of-range recently.

It's even possible the BARO sensor itself is bad, having been fouled by the dirt allowed in by the aftermarket intake.

I've been searching without success for information on the OBD-II routine Honda uses for the P2227 test.

That's correct. And it's the cheapest possible source for both the intake tract and the BARO sensor.

Reply to
Tegger