Honda Accord Recommendations - First-Time Buyer

1) I'm considering buying a recent model Honda Accord. I want a sun/moon roof, good highway mileage (4-cylinder?), and leather seats. From what I can tell, that would limit me to the EX-L models? Correct?

2) Are any recent years considered best? Is there a particular model that is more sought after or one to be avoided?

3) Also, what are the best sources for searching for used Accords online? I've discovered cars.com which lists a fair amount for our city (St. Louis, MO). I'm also monitoring several of the local Honda dealers websites. Any other major car search sites that you can suggest?

Thanks. -- Rik

ps: I drive very little (less than 5,000 miles per year) if that makes any difference in recommendations.

Reply to
Rik Brown

Correct.

hondacars.com will help keep you up to date on your dealers' inventories, specifically Certified Used cars.

I like Certified Used cars. Great values can be had.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Rik Brown

craigslist.org (its pointers will quickly narrow the search down to your city). But you absolutely must get autocheck.com or carfax.com (more expensive; same service) and do a title check with any craig's list car. Lots of multi-owner cars, odometer tampering and salvage vehicles are sold on Craig's List, and owners plead ignorance to same.

Increasingly new car dealers are advertising their used cars on autotrader.com .

I think the best way to go is with a new car dealer, one-owner car (properly documented that it is one-owner). You pay more than the same car advertised on Craig's List, but this is because it is one-owner.

Reply to
honda.lioness