Honda civic 2006 sedan

Hi guys

Just wondering if you could help me quickly please:

1) Is the EX with SAT NAV worth it, or would I be better off using a seperate NON- HONDA version?

2) Simlar question for the XM radio?

I am guessing they look more integrated using the HONDA system??!!

Any pics of NON -HONDA Sat Navs/XM's

Thanks for your time guys

waxwabbit

Sorry, forgot to ask;

Are the HONDA version Sat Nav and XM radio options something I could have installed at a later date with no problem?

cheers

waxwabbit

Speaking from my 206 Accord EX-V6 with Nav.

I love the NAV and all the bells and whistles that go with it. The trip computer, etc. I wish I had gotten it in my Pilot.

But I purchased a Garmin nuvi 360 for $699, and it's portable, and just as good a GPS. If I had to do all over again, not sure I'd go all the extra money for the NAV.

That's my 2 cents.

G-Man

Ps, not sure about the Civic, but you could not add a factory NAV to an Accord after the fact.

Reply to
G-Man

I have two Accord V6 with NAV and I loved it. Is it worth it? It's up to you. Portable can do the same job but it does not integrate as well and it "stood" somewhere on dash. For $2000 extra on Accord, I bought it without second thought. My wife is a typical anti-modern electronics and she can not live without it now.

Look at the downside, it integrates with all your car stereo and XM, one thing broke, whole thing need to be replaced if you can find it... Portable costs less money and possible to "upgrade".

Civic "only" costs $1500 for the Navi option, seems a better deal than Accord.

Reply to
harry

I downgraded from an '04 TL w/ NAVI to an '06 Civic w/o. Getting divorced, needed the extra coin, but that's another story. I was interested in the NAVI w/ the Civic but when I found out that the extra price for the NAVI over an EX w/o did not include the XM (another $ 800+) I didn't think it was close to being worth it. I bought an Audiovox Express and had it installed by Circuit City to the Aux port for under $ 200. Thought I would miss the integration that I had w/ the TL/NAVI/XM, but I actually like the current setup better.

- 30 Presets vs. 12

- Tune Select (Discovered more music & stations that I never listened to in the TL

- Remote for controlling the unit

- Mute feature (good for cell phone calls)

I enjoy XM much more than I did for the 2 years that I had the TL & I loved XM then.

Reply to
shitdick

I have a 2004 accord with Navi. It works quite well, though I have nothing much to compare it to except a few rentals that have had some pretty klutzy units.

Reply to
L Alpert

No, I don't believe you can (Navi).

Reply to
L Alpert

Not to me. Unless you have a specific need; it's an expensive option that may not have residual value when it comes time to sell/trade teh car.

Factory installed XM works. The accessory XM not so much, the antenna is mounted on the upper, right corner of the windshield. Sometimes there is a problem with reception when driving north or west (hides the antenna from the southern sky.)

The navi is slick; the XM antenna on the windshield is hooky looking.

-- Tp,

----- -\

Reply to
TomP