honda civic si or accord v6 manual

Many people are trying to decide which one to buy. I just sold a 2001 v6 ex coupe with ram air greddy catback etc. I got a si civic 2006 after driving the v6 standard speed accord (2006) The sound system with nav and sat radio sounds way better in the smaller si. The accord is fast but not much fun to drive because it still handles like any accord. My si hangs sharp turns at speeds that the accord could not handle. I am 71 and used to build hot rods and fast cars. The si is one of the best cars I have ever driven. It hits 8300 very fast so one must hit second fast. I installed the ground effect package and fog lights, I am ordering a super charger and turbo, I may keep the super charger because for city driving the charger kicks butt faster and it needs no cool down time. The only thing about the accord, it makes a good sleeper at the stop light. The rake of the si windscreen is outstanding.When ever you buy a new car clear the computer and let it idle for ten minutes and then train the cpu for your type of driving. I also sold a tc scion but the tc cannot compare with the honda si. I have had every si from 1987 to this one. This car will stay with me util I die or wreck it. If I wreck it I will get another one. Women love civics but many are really giddy over the new si. Get one today. Some of you will laugh but if I ever get next to your car, you will be left as I speed shift without using the clutch pedal. I learned many years ago how to do it and not harm the trans.

Reply to
jack

I was similarly impressed with the Civic SI, albeit a very short test drive. The handling & performance seemed on a par with my Prelude, although I think given the suspension set-up the Prelude, the handling aspect would be in the Prelude's favor overall. Your reference to supercharging, plus a "turbo" was beyond comprehension to me. And, if you ever miss a shift with your clutchless approach to driving, I would hate to see the result.

Reply to
TWW