Is Isuzu Oasis and Honda Odyssey same vehicle?

Okay,here's the deal...found a really clean mid nineties Isuzu Oasis that I'm very interested in but I want to know if it's actually a rebadged Odyssey.I know Honda sold the Passport which was really an Isuzu.I haven't opened the hood to verify that it's a Honda powerplant though.Does anyone know?Are these good vehicles? Thanks! Glenn

Reply to
G Funk

They are Odysseys, with Isuzu badges and radios.

In the 90s, Honda (a car mfr who makes no trucks) made a deal with Isuzu (a truck mfr who makes no cars): Honda would sell rebadged Isuzu trucks, and Isuzu would sell rebadged Honda cars. The idea was that they'd both end up with a full line of vehicles for their showrooms.

The first deal they struck was the Odyssey for the Rodeo.

The deal never went any further.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

With the caveat that only the first generation Odyssey was sold as Isuzu Oasis. The second and third generations Honda kept to themselves. In the US market, anyway.

Reply to
Randolph

Honda also sold Isuzu Troopers as Acura SLX until the MDX came out.

Reply to
Brett W. Rohlfing