Leaking gas tank,'92 Accord

Time to replace the tank on my '92 Accord. Used ones available for $100.00, and after market new one for $130.00. Will buy a new one and paint it if it's raw steel. Any ideas out there as to getting the half tank of fuel out of the old one before I remove it from the car? Possible to use the fuel pump to pump it into a couple of 5 gallon containers? Any other things I should be aware of? bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

Try a pump like

($17)

Do a keyword search for {hand pump} for more pumps.

Tubing may be purchased cheaply at places like Home Depot and Lowe's.

Wal-Mart has a garden hand pump/sprayer for about $10. You might be able to rig this for your needs.

Autozone has cheap, Mity-Vac style brake system vacuum pumps that are worth investigating for this as well.

"N.E.Ohio Bob" wrote

Reply to
Elle

My 90 Accord has a drain plug! Does yours?

Rod

Elle wrote:

Reply to
fixinator

Yes! It does! Should make the job lots easier. Thanks Rod.

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob