New Si (06 production?)

Check out

!! The new Si looks pretty swell eh? Observe the K20? powerplant, sweet looking interior, 6 speed, the Nav option, the unusual maroon (like the old crx si's, yeah!) color, AND 5w-30 on the oil cap. Dunno about the digital speedo though. Yay! I want one, yep.

Reply to
MAT

"MAT" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Dunno about that enormous windshield, either. Insurance companies are gonna love that.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Who knows what the price will be. Navi option ?? I guess we are talking about 25k or more when including dealer markups. Still like my 5th gen Prelude more.

Reply to
TWW

Yeah I have a feeling it's gonna take off like the 99-00 Si's, even today they are fetching 75-80% of their original price. I certainly expect some price gouging with this model. If I was to buy, I would wait until the 07's and see what the demand is like then. Maybe you close with 25k, it certainly is a lot of car (powetrain, classic lofty Honda redline, and lsd) but I don't think markups will last too long, especially with the current oil climate, I think the market will be a little soft for anything performance, this puppy will take high test no doubt.

Reply to
MAT

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns96C3BEAC5736Etegger@207.14.113.17:

How much bigger than an Integra do you think it is? I doubt it's significant.

I just wish it were a hatchback. They're much more useful and versatile(for us one-car owners).

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"TWW" wrote in news:zbrRe.21554$hp.15109@lakeread08:

I wish they still made the Prelude and the Integra. The RSX looks ugly compared to the Integra.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

The exterior looks sweet. As for the interior, I'm not too keen on the digital speedometer.

Any pics of the new sedan floating around?

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns96C3CB3E729DDjyanikkuanet@129.250.170.83:

The hatch is what sold me on the Integra waaay back in 1991 when I was replacing my '82 Corolla.

With my job, I wanted carrying capacity, but I didn't want a station wagon or a minivan. Toyota that year had no hatch, so they were out. The Civic was too small. The Integra had a 4-door sedan, or a 2-door hatch. The hatch it was. And I liked the styling and the engine.

Nissan had the 240SX, which I found really attractive on account of its rear-wheel drive, but the lowest price I could get was $6,000 higher than the lowest price from an Acura dealer.

I decided rear-wheel drive, as much as I wanted it, was not worth a $6,000 premium. So here I am.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns96C3D0F3D3EECtegger@207.14.113.17:

I had two hatchback Accords,then I had two Preludes,86 and 90(90 trashed in

2 hailstorms),and then they made the ugly Prelude,so in 94 I bought the new model Integra GSR.It was the 1st without the auto seatbelts,which I despise.I would have bought the last model Prelude,but circumstances prevented that.I really loved the Preludes I had. Handled like they were on rails.I like the Integra because it has great power and great brakes.
Reply to
Jim Yanik

Check out

there's a ton of info and pics of all production trim lines. I read the MSRP of the new Si is 19,600 and 20,300 with Navi, what a bargain! Speculation will end soon, today, 9/1 Honda will release all official info including MSRPs.

Reply to
MAT

The pic with the red hot sexy speedometer with the 8 grand redline was enough to make me want to run out and get one. But then the Techno/Luxury steering wheel and the suspiciously looking, narrow seats (not many people are as wide as me) put a damper on things. A Nav system that can't play DVD seems like a total waste of $$$. I'd settle for my portable Nav (Roadmate

300...which is awesome) and one of those in dash-DVD screens that can extend to tilt and rotate (for passenger's viewing pleasure).

The silver color seems to be the nicest, since it matches the big 'H' logo in the front grill (getting aftermarket colored 'H' logo is probably going to be a big seller). But the red 'Si' logo in the grill has got to do (hopefully, it's easily detachable). The front wheel well seems a little bigger then the rear, but it doesn't upset the very nice lines. It's too bad that they couldn't carry over the mid exhaust port (as per concept Civic Si), or have it as an option.

Hopefully, the non Si engine is going to be amazingly fuel efficient. With gas prices at $1.26/Litre ($4.54/Gallon), efficiency is going to be a big selling point. Even with the brain numbing gas prices, I'm still gloating at the pumps, since I can still get 700km from my tinny tank, while the SUV owners are in tears *grin*.

Pars

98 Civic Hatch

Reply to
Pars