Opinions on 2007 Accord SE V6?

I just got an e-mail quote from one local dealer of $21,170 which is basically invoice in New York State (Edmunds invoice does not include the additional amount of $130-$140 for NYS partial-zero emissions).

I think this is a great price. What do you think?

I see the SE V6 has Brake Assist...what is that?

Anyone have experience driving both the 4cyl and 6cyl Accord? I've seen some comments that the weight of the V6 affects the handling characteristics.

Any comments appreciated!

tia, Rich

Reply to
Rich Weed

Rich Weed said

I can't recall anyone regretting the fact that they opted for the V6.

Casey

Reply to
Casey

Except for automatic transmission problems!

Casey wrote in article ...

Reply to
TomC

"TomC" wrote in news:01c6f83d$796cba20$ snipped-for-privacy@tomc.suscom:

Is that still an issue?

Reply to
Rich Weed

Rich Weed wrote in article ...

news:01c6f83d$796cba20$ snipped-for-privacy@tomc.suscom:

I don't know if they ever did figure out what was wrong, and I don't know if they're still using the same transmission. My 2000 still doesn't drive well (stuttering at constant highway speed) even though the transmission was replaced. FWIW. TomC

Reply to
TomC

The V-6 is available with ultra low emissions. Only the four is available with partial zero emissions. I believe Honda charges about what you indicate for PZEV on the four, but doesn't charge anything for ULEV on the V-6.

Carsdirect.com currently sells an SE V-6 in Southern California for $21,348, and that includes their profit as well as a dealer profit. So it is indeed a great price, but you can probably talk other dealers into similarly great prices. There are often manufacturer incentives that allow a dealer to pay significantly less than invoice for their cars.

Honda's problem for 2007 is that the Accord is five years old, but the Camry is brand new. The price on 2007 Accords has already dropped quite a bit, but if you can wait a little longer, it'll probably drop even more as the model year goes on and details of the 2008 redesign start to leak out.

The SE V6 is the most nose heavy Accord, and will understeer more than a four cylinder model, although that doesn't make it a bad handling car. If you're interested in improving the handling, better tires and a larger rear stabilizer bar will do wonders.

Reply to
Michael

No, the last transmission problem was fixed about mid-year 2004.

For reference:

Reply to
Michael

Have a 2000 EX V6. There are known transmission problem associated with this year (and others). No signs of anything abnormal yet but have only

51,000 miles--hope it's not down the road waiting for me Any reason why you're blaming the stuttering on the transmission? Could be something else--ignition, fuel system related for example. MLD
Reply to
MLD

MLD wrote in article ...

transmission

I was told by the dealer at the time that the problems (stuttering was one of several) were due to the transmission......Could be that they were looking for a reason to do a big dollar repair job and sock it to Honda under a warranty item. All I know is the stuttering problem still exists and the transmission at times does odd things; e.g. the car will roll backwards while in drive when stopped on a hill; every now and then I get a clunk when engaging drive/reverse from park; plus the stuttering. The transmission was replaced at 35,000mi. I now have 77,000mi. on it. A new problem; it's starting to eat tires on the inside of the left front even after alignment and rotation???? TomC

Reply to
TomC

Reply to
Steve Beaman

2001 v6 with 73k, 2004 v6 with 22K and no problems. Both have had the retrofit for the transmissions and now have a 100k warranty (on tranny).
Reply to
L Alpert

'01 V6 with no tranny work ever still running strong at 168,000 miles.

Reply to
Seth

"TomC" wrote in news:01c6f891$7c9dcaa0$ snipped-for-privacy@tomc.suscom:

Rolling backward on a hill in drive at a light is common to all automatics unless it has a feature to handle it. My CR-V does it.

Abnormal tire wear: Did you check the alignment printout to make sure it's within specs? The dealer can only adjust toe.

Reply to
Rich Weed

automatics

I only mention it because it isn't consistent. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. As to all automatics doing it...I've been driving all kinds of cars and trucks for 40+ years. This is an oddity that I've only found in this car.

Uh...I took it to the dealer; pointed out the problem; and paid my money to get it fixed. I must add that I became leary of the fix when the service man told me that the tires were shot( 15,000 miles on them) and he refused to balance them. But, he didn't hesitate to take my money for the alignment that apparently didn't stop the inside wear. As for the printout, the only abnormal reading was the left REAR???? TomC

Reply to
TomC

That does seem like a good price. Frankly, I have an 06 I4 EX Accord coupe and can't see the need for the V6 as the four performs very well indeed. Plus the I4 has a chain vs a belt which should cut your maintenance costs considerably.

Reply to
tww