Re: 2008 minivans: Honda Odyssey vs Toyota Sienna

Buying either is a mistake considering current gas prices. I would hold on

> to what you have until an equivalent hybrid is available at a reasonable > price.

Hi Art,

While that sounds great in theory a) the efficiency of a hybrid minivan is unlikely to be Prius like and probably lackluster enough and involve enough maintenance costs to offset those gains given my low yearly mileage for this car, and b) my driving patterns don't involve high mileage by a long shot, except on weekend trips involving the highway where I'm taking 5-7 people places routinely. Which, with what I've got (something that tops out itself at 28mpg hwy, 18mpg city) involves taking 2 vehicles instead of one.

Factoring that in, the minivan form factor actually becomes the less thirsty option versus 2 vehicles.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.