Re: Update to the Unofficial FAQ: EGR fix

I know I've got a FAQ to-do list as long as my arm that's also got a beard

> on it as long as my arm, but I couldn't put off Delbert Brecht's submission > on his EGR repair. > > Delbert submitted highly educational photos and an extensive writeup on his > adventure. How could I pass that up? > > If you've never had any experience with EGR, this will be enlightening. > > See it here: >
> > -- > Tegger > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ >

Nice FAQ... the following doesn't seem correct though.

"Ambient air contains 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen and 1% trace gases (which includes about 0.4% carbon dioxide)."

My understanding is that there is 280 PPM to 380 PPM (depending on where its measured) of CO2 in the atmosphere. This would be 0.028% to

0.038% of CO2 in ambient air.

(i.e. 380/1,000,000 X 100 = 0.038%)

(i.e. Nitrogen 78% or 780,000 PPM... 780,000/1,000,000 X 100 = 78%)

Just thought I would let you know... after all, 0.4% (4000 PPM) would really freak out the GlobalWarmers/CarbonDioxideDemonizers/ClimateChangers/CarbonTaxers. :)

Reply to
M.A. Stewart

snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (M.A. Stewart) wrote in news:fss4iv$dnt$ snipped-for-privacy@theodyn.ncf.ca:

You are absolutely right! I accidentally misplaced the decimal point.

It's been fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reply to
Tegger