Re: WOOPPS.. Korean mileage not quite as expected...

Is it easy to get replacement parts for Hyundai and Kia ?

Reply to
Observer

When I had a problem with my Scion (still do) my email to them ended with "A Veloster is looking better and better all the time."

Needs a little more HP and a bit sportier suspension and brakes. If they did that that would be one hell of a car!

Reply to
hachiroku

Depends on which parts you need. My BIL has a Sedona that had a problem with the TPS. There are 4 different ones listed for the engine he has and NONE of them are the one that is actually on it. The drive be wire system on it had a bad pedal sensor last year and that thing was another item that was listed but wrong.

Reply to
Steve W.

Where I live parts for koreans are easier to get. the parts $$$ is an issue also. Honda and subaru charge ungodly sums for their replacement bins (as they do for their cars). Guess how popular hyundais and kias around here despite people not being as obsessed with cost/value ratio as they are in the states. Not that there is anything wrong with looking for a good value.

Frankly I liked my brother's 1995 sonata a whole lot better than US spongy-brakes 2005 accord of my sister in law a whole lot better. At least some korean had some brains to put a sport/economy switch to get the slush out of the slushbox and there was some sport present in that car (something that I was looking high and low for in accord and could not find a trace of)

for a V6 fuel economy was not as bad. Heck, you'd think people would read some car rags for the real world mileage figures before plunking some cash for a new car. But hey, "lets do some class-action to get some cash" (TM) mentality never dies over the pond.

Reply to
AD

The *city* mileage on my new Accord is wildly overstated.

Highway and even combined mileage seems about right.

Apparently all the vendors have learned some new trick this year and are inflating their figures crazily. The unavoidable factors are the gross weight of the car, the displacement and horsepower of the engine, and how hard you lead-foot it. Control for those factors and the difference from company to company on competative models is likely to be modest, 10-20% or so.

J.

Reply to
JRStern