Sirius SIR-PNR1 and Honda Civic 2001 installation

I am trying to install a Sirius satellite radio antenna on my 2001 Honda Civic HX coupe. The instructions state that the ideal mounting location is in the center of the roof, 6" from the rear window.

Obviously, in order to accomplish this task, the antenna connector needs to be inserted thru the rear window seal from the outside in.

Has anyone succeeded in doing so on a 2001 thru 2005 Civic coupe? If so, then how did you do it? If not, then how did you ultimately mount your Sirius satellite antenna?

tks.

- brian

-- tired of paying interest on your credit cards? check out

brian

You can mount the antenna near the front or back glass, it works just fine there.

Reply to
electron pimp

yeah - that is where I want to put it, but just HOW do I get it thru the window seal???

tks.

- brian

Reply to
brian

I don't think I've ever seen one routed that way (going through the back window between the window and car body). Do the installation instructions show the cable being routed that way? I always thought the roof-mounted antennae had their cables passing through a hole in the roof, and then running behind the headline and down the A-pillar to the radio.

If you really have to get it between the glass and the body, you might have to call a glass-repair place to come remove your rear glass, then re-install it after you've routed the cable. Depending on how thick the cable is, you might even have to cut a clearance notch in the body to make it fit.

Trying to get the cable through with the glass in place is just asking for either broken glass or a leaky hole for water to come in.

Reply to
Scott Gardner

Use a hook tool with no point (radiator hose removal tool) to guide the cable carefully around and underneath the rear window gasket until you reach the trunk opening, then loop it through that into the car.

JD

brian wrote:

Reply to
John Durbin