Sticky Gas Pedal

I have a '97 Honda Passport with 56,000miles on it. A couple of days ago the gas pedal started getting sticky. It doesn't happen unless I slamm the gas down. But afterwards, if i press on the gas and then let off, the car stays reved up for about 5 sec. Does any one have any insight about this problem? if you can understand what I'm talking about.

Reply to
wedge24

"wedge24" wrote in news:69ee6c7eb26a5@uwe:

Throttle plate is sticking because it's gummed up. It's gummed up because of poor maintenance. PCV system is plugged, valve cover baffles are plugged; oil is getting pumped into intake.

Reply to
Tegger