tegger - catalyst q.

what brand cat did you put on your integra? and what was the fit/quality like?

looks like mine's finally given up and needs replacing after 21 years and i'm looking at replacement options.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:6PidnUdvP9EbpETWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Walker. Fit is lousy (details on request).

Function is just fine. So far.

out how NOx took a giant nose-dive with the new cat.

From what I've been able to find out, Walker's about as reputable as aftermarket comes. I also have it on good authority that /none/ of them fit properly.

Aren't you in CA? I thought CARB had restrictions on the type of cat you could install?

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9D69592A14376tegger@208.90.168.18:

It's BAR that issues parts restrictions, isn't it?

Reply to
Tegger

not sure who - all i know is that you can't buy 49 state cats here, even though it's legal to drive a 49 state vehicle here. i think some law maker's "advisor" has stock in the only [hitherto unknown] aftermarket cat manufacturer that makes compliant product.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:KMCdndKeMtHHNUTWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

It's the environuts. CA is full of them. They have convinced CARB and BAR that somebody, somewhere, somewhen, is possibly emitting a molecule or three that he should not. Such an event would be highly immoral and licentious, so giving /any/ sort of slack to HC-burning private-car drivers is similarly immoral and licentious. Hence the fatwas you have in CA.

Reply to
Tegger

California has no monopoly on nuttiness. Here in the Austin area, (The Berkeley of the South), that same crowd is in charge. In fact they are enforcing CA emission standards even though there is no mandate whatsoever by the feds for this area.

The only escape is to have vehicles over twenty-five years of age thus the exempt status kicks in.

Thankfully, all of my Civics now fall into this category.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Grumpy AuContraire wrote in news:Tpidnduh2trJx0HWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

We used to have 19-year rolling exemption, which would have made my car exempt this year. But our current communist premier (governor) eliminated the rolling exemption, so any car newer than 1989 is subject to testing in perpetuity.

Reply to
Tegger