Latest threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rear-Ended; New Bumper?
93 Civic DX sedan. It was a collision hard enough that the drawer beneath the radio opened and sent the coin change I keep there flying. As I got out, I thought I would find the Civic's rear would be...
42
42

89 Accord intermittent no start with code 14
My son drives our 89 Accord SEI most of the time. He has been getting a check engine light every now and then. He says that when he turns it off and tries to restart, it cranks over but doesn't fire...
6
6

91 Accord not always starting
114k miles. It turns over fine but won't catch. Next time it works fine. It's happened a few times over the last couple of days. I had a similar problem a few years back on hot days and it was...
9
9

2006 Honda Civic Si Rear Brakes
I have a 2006 Honda Civic Si with about 55,000 Miles on it. The time has come for a brake job. I have never had a car with rear discs before, so before I dig into them (did the fronts today), is there...
6
6

Anyone ever encoutered a CDTC 77-1 Power Transmission System Failure code on an '03 Pilot?
Just did a 240,000KM/150,000mile major maintenance service on my '03 Pilot and one of the notes made by the tech was that the CDTC 77-1 Power Transmission System Failure was detected. I'm guessing he...

What does oil- and dirt-covered surface of 2000 Honda engine suggest?
I have some photos of a 2000 Honda Civic engine with 140,000 kilometers (87,500 miles). 98% of them local, urban miles. Fuel has always been a 95 octane. Engine oil has always been synthetic (in this...
10
10

1999 Civic blown head gasket
Car: 1999 Honda Civic CX (Hatchback) Miles: 242,000 Location: Southern California Symptoms: Sweet smell when I started the car Monday morning. Thought my daughter had dropped some candy or something...
22
22

96 accord Catalytic fit a 94?
I need a new cat for my 94 accord ex-r. I came across a cat from a 96 accord but they seem to have different part numbers according to the guy at the junk yard. Both cars are 4 cylinder sedans. Will...
1
1

2004 Headlamp replacement
OK, I've never had such a problem replacing a bulb before. I've removed the clips and gained access thru the wheel-well /fender to the passenger side headlamp but there is absolutely no movement when...
13
13

2003 CR-V Code P1457
Is this the evaporator canister or the gas cap??? Anyone here ever had that code??? Mark
2
2

4 cylinder better than V6?
Dear Honda experts: I read in here that someone says Honda makes the best 4-cylinder and stick with that (and manual.) So if I wanted a V6 I should not get a Honda because Honda is not an expert...
1
1

93 Del Sol Automatic Steering Gets Loose Then Will Tighten Up Again....
Happens then can be fine for some days then happens again. Pump or rack ?
2
2

Another gassy subject
In keeping with the topic of gasoline in the previous posts, I have noticed Shell (Canada) advertising Nitrogen infused gasoline. I'm thinking it's a load of water buffalo dung. Any opinions on this?
9
9

Why Accord over the Camry?
Dear Honda group members: I am having a hard time trying to decide whether or not to buy a Camry SE V6 or Accord EX-V6 Just want to know if you guys can offer any expert opinions on why would you...
14
14

Uncracked gas?
Okay, this was way back. Like when we were driving an almost brand new 84 Escort GT. There was a gas station on I35 in Farmer's Branch (just north of Dallas) that sold various "high premium" fuels....
19
19