Spark Plug Gap?

Hello, I have a 2003 Honda CR-V. According to the tune-up specifications my spark-plug gap should be 0.039-0.043. Does this mean I can gap it anywhere in-between these two points, or is there a specific gap?

Thanks,

Nino Nospam

Reply to
Nino NoSpam

If you subtract .039 from 0.43, divide by 2 and add the result to .039 you will have the specific gap. Anyhow from what I heard you should use the flat round gap measurer instead of the wire type measurer. Hope that helps.

Reply to
Alan

Nope, that's exactly what it means. If you can gap it to within less than 4-thousandths of an inch, good on ya.

Reply to
Matt Ion

-----------------------------

There's four THOUSANDTHS of an inch between those two settings. :-) (It takes into account that your feeler gauge might be worn or just CHEAP) :-) Just use the specified NGK's (from Canadian Tire) and check that they are CLOSE to the spec and you'll do FINE. Use BOSCH and it will be as reliable as a Volkswagen.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

"Nino NoSpam" wrote in news:7XhVf.180266$H%4.120186@pd7tw2no:

What you need are plugs gapped at either 1.0mm or 1.1mm. 1.1mm is more commonly available.

If the number of the plug ends in "-11", then the plug is pregapped to

1.1mm. If there is NO number at the end, the plug is not pregapped to a specific figure.

NGK example of pregapped plug: BCPR6EP-11

Denso example of pregapped plug: K16TR11

Do NOT re-gap plugs that have been pregapped unless they're been dropped.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Wow, I never realized that... that's some handy info!

Reply to
Matt Ion