'07 Elantra info

Hi all.

I've been looking for details and specs on the new '07 Elantra. I'm a bit surprised Hyundai has not released more information or promoted the impending release of another redesigned model.

The Accent and Sonata, when redesigned, both came up early in the model year, as I recall. I was not paying close attention at the time but I think both were in the delaerships or at least on the delivery trucks by this time last year.

I had my eye on a 4-cylinder Sonata but the price of gas plus tales of lower-than-advertised fuel economy posted here and elsewhere make me lean toward the Elantra...if it's improved as much as the Sonata was in the redesign.

I've checked Edmunds, Yahoo, MSN Auto and Google. There are lots of links to car show pages and motorhead blogs where guys spout off about how the car looks.

What I want is hard facts and details: i.e. trim levels if any, safety equipment, crash test scores, EPA gas mileage estimates, wheel/tire size, OE tires, 0-60 and braking times and distances, standard and optional equipment, location of final assembly plant, and, oh yes, the price when equipped with automatic transmission.

I've read the standard engine will be 138 hp with an ULEV rating, with a 132 hp, SULEV version sold in "green" states. Also the interior is now big enough that EPA calls it a "midsize," though it will still compete against Civic, Corolla and Cobalt more than Accord, Camry or Malibu.

(It does look a lot like a Corolla at first glance, as noted on the blogs. I can take it or leave it in re design. To me that's a tiebreaker, not a dealbreaker, but I'm not a motorhead.)

Anyone have more details than that?

Thanks, Eric M

Reply to
Eric

Not sure if you have looked at this yet.

Hyundai has always been a little sketchy on details until the cars actually hit the showrooms. This car should be produced in Korea because I beleive that only the Sonata and new Santa Fe are being produced in Alabama.

Reply to
art.obrien

"Eric" wrote in news:1154731570.666764.130590@

75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Have you checked the Hyundai web site:

I don't think it has ALL of the details you want, but it does have some of them.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1154773630.707387.214340@

75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Guess I should read the whole thread first :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately I cannot install Flash Player, which is required to view this. I'll just be patient till Hyundai releases more details....which I hope will be soon.

ERM

Reply to
Eric

You could try

Andy S

Thanks; I finally installed FlashPlayer and checked this out.

The '07 Elantra looks like it's definitely worth a look. I'm feeling 'green' in two ways these days: I want to save money on gas, which is currently $2.95 here, and I'd like to protect Mother Earth from those evil emissions.

An Elantra with the 132 h.p., SULEV-rated engine along with EPA mileage estimates of 28/36, (that's from another site, not Hyundai), plus side curtain airbags and a long list of safety equipment, enough interior space to qualify as a 'mid-size' and the great warranty would be hard to pass up....assuming the price is right.

Regards, Eric M

Reply to
Eric

looks like the same engine with new sheet metal. I wonder how they get better milage with a bigger frontal area and probably more weight.

;-)

Reply to
nothermark