1998 Elantra 200,000 Kilometre report

1998 Elantra (manual) with 200,000 km I drive 300 km per day ALL highway (6 days out of 9) My mileage is between 40 and 42 mpg on the highway, city driving is quite lower but not sure by how much. 3 things had to be replaced 2 front wheel bearings and a power steering pump hose. Other costs were regular maintenance items, 2 timing belts, belts, Oil and filters, plugs, fluids. All still original on the car, clutch, brakes, exhaust, and anything else on the engine. Interior is holding up fine, but radio volume won't work in cold weather until car warms up (minor irritation). No rust on car. I'm a pretty conservative driver, nothing more than 110 kph on the highway, Mobil Synthetic oil and changes between 7,000 and 8,000 km. I am happy with the Elantra, will get another one. My only beef is I'm doing about 3 years worth of driving in 1 year, but that's my choice. I like this newsgroup, It has helped in the past. George from the Canadian Prairie

-- Remove NOSPAM to reply

Reply to
GP

"GP1" wrote: > 1998 Elantra (manual) with 200,000 km > I drive 300 km per day ALL highway (6 days out of 9) > My mileage is between 40 and 42 mpg on the highway, city > driving is quite > lower but not sure by how much. > 3 things had to be replaced 2 front wheel bearings and a power > steering pump > hose. > Other costs were regular maintenance items, 2 timing belts, > belts, Oil and > filters, plugs, fluids. > All still original on the car, clutch, brakes, exhaust, and > anything else on > the engine. > Interior is holding up fine, but radio volume won't work in > cold weather > until car warms up (minor irritation). No rust on car. > I'm a pretty conservative driver, nothing more than 110 kph on > the highway, > Mobil Synthetic oil and changes between 7,000 and 8,000 km. > I am happy with the Elantra, will get another one. > My only beef is I'm doing about 3 years worth of driving in 1 > year, but > that's my choice. > I like this newsgroup, It has helped in the past. > George from the Canadian Prairie > > > -- > Remove NOSPAM to reply

I must say that the Hyundai Elantra are nice cars. My sister got a

2000 and its the second best car i?v ever drove. However I still would rather drive my 2003 Grand AM
Reply to
bobparsons