2001 Sonata - need opinion

Hi,

My neighbor is selling his 2001 Sonata for $9000 Canadian. The car is in very good shape in and out. I really like the style of this car. I don't know how reliable this car is. If you have owned this car or currently owning it or have any opinion about it, I'll be greatly appreciated if you could tell me what you know about this car.

Thanks, Steven

Reply to
Steven

I have owned a 2000 Sonata (4CYL) and it was a very reliable car. I understand that the V-6 was not as much so. I gave it to my son. I now have a 2004 V-6 Gls. You don't say what model, but that's pretty high even for a cherry. You can pick one up for $5-6000 USD. bill

Reply to
BillyGoat

Don't do it! Not because of the car but because of who you are buying it from. Never do buisness where money is involved with friends, family and/or neighbors. Why? Let's say that he/she sold you the car thinking it was in good runing order than when you take ownership the car had a major component go bad all of a sudden. Than naturaly you yourself would assume that she/he knew that he/she was selling you a bad car. Trying to sell a problem to somebody else. Than what?

The truth is you have to live next to your neighbor. You have no choice. If your relationship goes bad there is no avoiding your neighbor at all.

Buy a car from somebody else or through a company.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003