Re: Need opinion on Sonata 2006

"cimetiere" wrote in message news:ct4ag.20538$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net...

Hi! > > I presently have a Camry 2002 and I might change it for a Sonata 2006. > It seems to be a good car? > > I would need your feedback on this car please before I make my final > choice. Is it reliable? Any issues with these Sonatas? > > Many thanks! > > -- > -- > Daniel

If you google this group with such a search, you will be reading for months! If your old car is functional, whether it be a Camry or a '63 Ford Falcon, one might say to stay put. People sometimes just want a new car rather than need one. I can identify with that.

That being said, I'm surprised a bit by the tepid responses. Speaking of the V6 Sonata... It has a new car warranty-the best. It comes all shiny and new with zero abuse. It is Much faster than the Camry. It handles better than the Camry. Does it outbrake the Camry?-don't know but bet it does. It has an airbag for seemingly every anatomical part of your body unlike the Camry. It has stability control/traction control which I bet your old Camry does not. It is quiet. It has good head/leg room front and rear. It comes very well equipped with standard features you pay extra for with other companies. And It is so much better looking than the Camry, its in another league all together......Go sit in one and drive one, of course. I highly recommend the Sonata but would not presume to tell You how to handle your discretionary spending..... As far as long term ??? First, if you keep the Sonata as long as the Camry you'll have zero to worry about! Its covered. Secondly, why would one presume its going to turn to sh$%^*&t ? All aluminum V6s have been done before. Variable valve timing has been done. Stability control done. Its not revolutionary, just a nice capable package by a company who has now got its car act together (Hyundai is a world leader in other endeavors already). My dealer's service writer said the engine design (3.3v6) came from M-B. I believe the stability control is Bosch designed. I'm very confident in the mechanics(machinery). New models everywhere do have build problems sometimes for sure. Their are others here that have small complaints that my car doesn't exhibit, so things are only getting better!

I've got 16,000 miles on mine since Christmas. I like it a lot. In fact, I like it more as time passes as I find it performs/drives well in every condition, on every road that I encounter. Cheers PS if you buy, get the sunroof and 6 cd changer, you'll love it.

Reply to
Darby O'Gill

I guess that's because the cars are practically the same.

If you have a low mileage 2002 Camry in good shape, a 2006 car in the same class doesn't have much to justify a new one. The one I recently rode in was like new, and I couldn't see selling at all.

I'm sure there are plenty of 02 Camry's out there that are ready to be traded in. In that case, the Sonata would be an excellent choice.

Personally, if I was wealthy enough to trade in every 4 years regardless of the mileage or condition of my car, I would probably go for the big Lexus or Azera.

Reply to
Bob Adkins

I understand need vs. want, and though the cars serve the same market, their are some real differences, no? It was my feeling the OP wanted opinions of the '06 Sonata, more so than opinions of the "02 Camry. ps do you the think the Azera hit the mark on styling ? Maybe the wind deflector for the sun roof is what's homely. PPS Who doesn't love the 3.3v6, it's wonderful under acceleration.

Reply to
Darby O'Gill

My point was, an 02 Camry can practically be a new car if it was taken good care of.

I agree the V6 Sonata is a nice little step up in power and safety.

Reply to
Bob Adkins