2001 Tiburon spudders and lose of acceleration.

I was driving home today when I came to a stop light on a somewhat step slope. When I went to accelerate, there was a loud BANG and that was it. I drove about another 5 miles when the car started to spudder quite loudly and I lose a mass amount of acceleration. 2 seconds later the "Check Engine" light blinked the rest of the 15 miles home. I was scared to drive because of the spudder and the lack of acceleration. I continued home and when I stopped in the drive way the car idled but spuddered lightly. It was dark so I couldn't really check anything. Can someone please help!?

2001 Tiburon, 52,000 miles, Manual.
Reply to
azian