98 blazer 4x4

98 blazer 4x4 with push button 4x4... goes into 4 wheel drive fine but when you stop and shift into high 2 wheel drive it dont always disengage and when you take off in drive you may roll 100 ft or 2 miles before it makes a loud "bang" like someone hit the end of the axle with a sledge hammer, very loudly disengages, i had bad ball joints upper and lower and a innner wheel bearing bad and im awaiting the truck to come home from the shop to see if this was my issue. any other suggestions if this doesnt cure my problem, trnasmission has been serviced as well
Reply to
01ss

you could have a vaccum line leaking or your computer is about ready to take a crap, happened to our 99 jimmy

Reply to
Adam

It's always good practice to back up at least 1 1/2 car lengths when disengaging 4 wheel drive. It helps to unluck the hubs if they didn't fully disengage when going back to 2wd.

Reply to
Junk Box

There are no hubs to disengaged. There is a sliding dog type clutch in front diff anf you just need to someimes backup a few feet to releive driveline torque for it to complete cycle.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan