2004 radio

I have a 2004 Elantra GT with the Kenwood radio/cd player. This morning I started the car, turned on the lights and rear defroster and the radio went dead. The panel is dark but the cd part will accept and eject cds. There is no sound. The fuse in the fuse box is good are there any other fuses or is the stereo shot. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
den630

Have you tried removing the faceplate and reinstalling it? It may just be a dirty connection.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

in alot of these radios the panel illumination light IS the fuse. open the radio and you may see a bulb holder in back of the control panel. replace this bulb, it could solve the problem. this has worked many times. its a special size bulb you may need to order from kenwood parts. good luck!

Reply to
mykeymykey01

The fact that it accepts and ejects cd's means that you have proper power and ground, so checking fuses is redundant.

If you had simply a no sound issue, I might suspect a shorted speaker circuit. But when the other issues are added, it definitely sounds like a problem with the radio itself. And Brian's right as well. It could simply be an issue with the faceplate.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for the help guys , it turned out to be a faceplate issue. I took off the faceplate and sprayed it and the place it engages with some contact cleaner.

Reply to
den630